Trout Fillets with Caper Butter Main course for 4
- 4 trout fillets, skin-on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g unsalted butter
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp small capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- a bunch of fresh tarragon, chopped
Preheat the grill to high. Lay the fish on a lightly oiled baking tray, skin-side down. Drizzle with the olive oil and season.
To make the herb butter, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat (making sure not to burn), add the lemon juice, capers and mustard and mix together. Set aside.
Place the fish under the grill for about 3 minutes, once cooked place on heated serving plates. Add the chopped tarragon to the butter sauce) and immediately pour over the trout. Serve with Braised Peas and Lettuce and Pan-fried New Potatoes.