Sticky Fish Skewers Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) cod loins, defrosted, skinned and cut into 5cm (2
- For the marinade:
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) dried mixed herbs
- rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) clear honey
- pinch Chinese 5 spice powder (optional)
- salt and freshly black pepper
- 30g (1oz) butter, melted
- Preheat the grill
- Thread the cubes of fish onto four skewers and place into a shallow dish.
- Prepare the marinade: mix all the marinade ingredients together, pour over the skewers, cover and leave in a cool place for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
- Place the skewers onto a foil-lined grill pan, spoon over the melted butter and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn over, baste with any remaining marinade mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti shapes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 289 Kilocalories;
20g Protein; 18g Fat; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Tip: If you do not want to make your own marinade, choose from a selection of prepared marinade mixes available at the supermarket. As another idea, thread a selection of your family’s favourite vegetables onto the skewers with the fish.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry