Smoked Salmon and Dill Tartlets Serves 12 tartlets
- 85g (3oz) smoked Scottish Quality Salmon, defrosted and diced
- 250g (8oz) plain flour
- 110g (4oz) hard margarine
- Pinch salt
- Enough water to form a dough
- Alternatively use a 375g packet of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped) or 1 tsp dried dill
- 25g (1oz) finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 150ml (half pint) milk
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Prepare the pastry if you are making it yourself. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl, rub in the fat until it resembles breadcrumbs, add a small amount of waterand bring together to form a dough.
- Roll out on a floured board and using a 5cm (2") cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- Use the pastry rounds to line 12 patty tins.
- Divide the smoked salmon between the pastry cases, top each with a few sprigs of dill.
- Beat the egg and milk together, season lightly and pour carefully into each case, taking care not to overfill.
- Top with a little cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with salad.
Recipe kindly donated by Scottish Quality Salmon