Smoked Mackerel Salad with Grapefruit Serves 3 - 4
- 455g (1lb) peppered or plain `ready to eatí hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 100g pack prepared salad leaves
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 55g (2oz) cooked pasta shapes, drained
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- For the herb dressing:
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) sunflower or olive oil
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) clear honey
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) cider vinegar
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Place the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake well.
- In a large bowl place the fish and salad ingredients. Pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish, chill and serve when required with fresh bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 565 Kilocalories;
23g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 46g Fat; 1g Fibre.
Tip: If preferred use cubes of smoked white fish (like natural smoked haddock), but poach in 70ml (1/8 pint) water for 5-6 minutes and chill before adding to salad.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry