Smoked Mackerel Pitta Breads Serves 4
- 455g (1 lb) `ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4 lettuce leaves, shredded
- a few drops chilli sauce
- 4 pitta breads to serve
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- Mix the fish, pepper, onions and lettuce together. Season to taste with chilli sauce.
- Cut the pitta breads in half crosswise and open up to take the filling.
- Fill the pitta bread with the fish mixture and serve as a snack or lunch dish.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry