Smoked Mackerel and Apple Salad Serves 4
- 340g (12oz) `ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 1 large dessert apple, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 30g (1oz) raisins
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) natural yoghurt
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- shredded lettuce
- grated lemon rind, to garnish
- Cut the fish fillets into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the apple, celery, raisins, seasoning and lemon juice.
- Mix mayonnaise and yoghurt together and pour over salad.
- Serve on a bed of crisp shredded lettuce accompanied with brown bread and butter.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 290 Kilocalories; 18g Protein;
21g Fat; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.