Smoked Haddock, Cannellini and Lemon Crumb Braise Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) natural smoked haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm (1”) cubes
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 425ml (15 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 425g can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) white breadcrumbs
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat half the butter with the oil and lightly fry the onion and celery until softened.
- Stir in the bay leaves, tomatoes and stock, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, cannellini beans and fish, and simmer for 6 – 8 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Heat the remaining butter in a pan, and fry the breadcrumbs until crisp and golden. Stir in the grated lemon rind and parsley.
- Serve the braise in bowls with the breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry