Smoked Fish Stir-Fry Serves 4 -6
- 455g (1lb) natural smoked haddock, defrosted, skinned and cut into strips
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 115g (4oz) sliced green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 115g (4oz) white cabbage or Chinese leaves, shredded
- freshly milled black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) cornflour
- 150ml (5 fl oz) fish or vegetable stock made with half a stock cube
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) yeast extract
- toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the green beans and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the fish and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the pan.
- Stir in the cabbage, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or pasta.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry