Salmon, Potato and Pasta Broth Serves 4
- 4 175g /6 oz salmon fillets, defrosted and cubed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 350g /12 oz potatoes, peeled, cut into small dice
- 1.3 litres/2 1/4 pint vegetable stock
- 200g /7 oz thin macaroni
- 1 150g baby spinach, washed
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir in the garlic, chilli and potatoes. Stir everything together and then pour in the stock. Cook until the potatoes are nearly ready.
- Add the macaroni to a pan of boiling water stir to release some of the starches.
- When the pasta is nearly cooked, drain, return to the pan then add in the spinach so that the pasta can absorb its juices. Add to the potatoes and onion mix and stir in the salmon. Cook for a further 4 minutes, until salmon is cooked. Check the seasoning and serve.
Recipe kindly donated by Scottish Quality Salmon