Roasted Sea Bass with Walnut and Parsley Pesto Serves 4 - 6
- 1-1.5kg (2-3lbs) whole sea bass or snapper
- 55g (2oz) walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- lime rind to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF, Gas Mark 7
- To make the pesto place the toasted walnuts, spring onions, garlic, parsley and olive oil into a liquidiser. Blend until smooth, season and transfer into a bowl.
- Rinse and dry the fish and make 3 diagonal slashes across both sides of the fish. Place into a greased roasting tin. Spread the parsley pesto over and inside the fish.
- Bake in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes, until the flesh turns white.
- Serve on a bed of watercress and spring onions.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry