Mussels au Gratin Serves 2
- 455g (1lb) Bantry Bay Mussels, defrosted
- 55g (2oz) parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 15ml spoon (6 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- 6 15ml spoon (6 tbsp) pecorino or Parmesan cheese, grated
- grated rind 1 lime and juice of half a lime
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 6 15ml spoon (6 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 lemon and 1 lime to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Cook mussels according to the instructions on the packet.
- Mix together parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, grated rind and lime juice. Season and mix with the olive oil. Blend thoroughly.
- Split cooked mussels in half and discard the empty shells. Spread mussels in half shells with the breadcrumb mixture and arrange in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve garnished with lemon and lime wedges.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry