Fishy Fajitas Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) cod fillets, defrosted, skinned and cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch cayenne pepper
- juice and rind of 1 lime
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) beer or white wine
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) hot taco sauce
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Combine the garlic, cayenne pepper, lime and alcohol. Add the fish and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they start to blacken in colour.
- Add the fish and liquid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Served with warmed fajitas accompanied by iceberg lettuce, soured cream, guacamole and salsa.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 148 Kilocalories; 23g Protein; 5g Fat; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry