Fish Fillets with Leek and Marmalade Sauce Serves 4
- 4 170g (6 oz) cod fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 15ml spoons (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) reduced sugar marmalade
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed (optional for garnish)
- Heat the butter or margarine in a large shallow pan, add the garlic and leeks and cook for a few minutes.
- Divide the fish into 4 portions and place on top of the leeks.
- Add the lemon juice and seasoning, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the fish whitens.
- Meanwhile, if using watercress, place on a serving dish.
- Arrange cooked fish on top of watercress, cover to keep warm.
- Add marmalade to pan, increase heat and boil rapidly until the marmalade has melted and the juices have thickened slightly.
- Pour the leek and marmalade sauce over the fish.
- Garnish and serve with potatoes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 183 Kilocalories;
32g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 4.5g Fat; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry