Fish and Aubergine Gratin Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) south african hake fillet, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) paprika
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) tomato puree
- 1 small aubergine, chopped
- 1 450g jar pasta sauce
- 200ml (7 fl oz) water
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) sugar
- 2 small courgettes, sliced
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 285g (10oz) pasta shapes, cooked
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) pesto sauce
- 115g (4oz) Cheddar cheese
- 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil in a pan. Cook the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until soft. Stir in the paprika, tomato puree and aubergine. Add the pasta sauce, water and sugar.
- Cover and bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 2 minutes, season. Add the pasta, fish and pesto sauce.
- Transfer to a 1.2 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish, top with the cheese and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 671 Kilocalories; 45g Protein; 26g Fat; 69g Carbohydrate; 4g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry