Deep Sea Dip Serves 6 - 8
- 225g (8oz) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 1 red apple, finely chopped
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 145g (5oz) low fat soft cheese
- 150ml (5 fl oz) natural yoghurt
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) chopped chives
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
- few drops Tabasco
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
Note: Choose any white fish fillets such as ling, pollock or whiting. Add finely chopped spring onion tops if chives are unavailable. Frozen fish can also be used.
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Place cubed fish in a shallow microwave proof dish, sprinkle with 1-2 x 15ml spoon (1-2 tablespoons) water.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stand for 1 minute. Drain and discard cooking liquor, leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle apple with lemon juice and mix together with cheese, yoghurt, herbs and Tabasco.
- Flake the fish and stir carefully into the prepared mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with savoury biscuits, slices of pitta bread or sticks of crunchy vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 95 Kilocalories;
10g Protein; 4g Fat; 5 Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre