Crunchy Topped Cod Serves 4
- 4 175g (6 oz) cod loins, defrosted
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) lemon juice
- 125g (4oz) wholemeal breadcrumbs, toasted
- 50g (2oz) butter or margarine
- 4 5ml spoon (4 teasp) wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F, Gas Mark 5
- Remove centre bones from each of the cod steaks.
- Sprinkle the steaks with lemon juice and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, butter or margarine, mustard and seasoning together and spoon over the fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with courgettes and new potatoes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 269 Kilocalories;
15g Fat; 1.5g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry