Buttery Fish Parcels Serves 4
- 4 175g (6 oz) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) lime or lemon juice
- 15g (half an oz) butter
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sesame seeds, toasted
- lemon, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F, Gas mark 5
- Cut four large squares of greaseproof paper. Place a piece of fish onto each square. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lime or lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Seal the edges of the paper to make a parcel. Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the remaining ingredients into a small pan. Remove the cooked parcels from the oven and carefully pour the cooking juices into the pan.
- Cook briskly for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the fish to a serving plate and spoon over the vegetables and juices.
- Serve hot with mixed coloured pasta tossed in a little olive oil and fresh herbs.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 199 Kilocalories; 31g Protein; 6g Fat; 5g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry