Apple and Marmalade Mackerel Serves 2
- 2 225g (8oz) whole mackerel, defrosted, cleaned, heads and tails removed
- 1 large dessert apple, cored and diced
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) water
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) thick cut marmalade
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) whisky
- Preheat the grill
- Place the apple and water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir through the marmalade and whisky.
- Grill the mackerel for 6-8 minutes each side, brushing with the apple-marmalade sauce.
- Pour over the remaining sauce and serve with seasonal vegetables.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry