Wild Sea Bass with Rocket Pesto Main course for 4
- 2 wild sea bass fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 4 tbsp white wine
- sea salt
- freshly milled black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15g (½ oz) butter
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, finely chopped
- 300ml (½ pint) vegetable stock
- 200g (7 oz) rocket, roughly chopped, plus a few handfuls to serve
- For the sauce, heat the extra virgin olive oil and butter in a pan, add the anchovy fillets and cook, stirring over a gentle heat, until they have almost dissolved into the oil and add the shallots and courgette, cooking until the shallots begin to soften, then add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for one minute.
- Stir the rocket, season with black pepper and simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, now place in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan and stir over a high heat with a wooden spoon until nearly all the liquid has evaporated and the sauce becomes creamy. Remove from the heat and set aside. Season the sea bass with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the sea bass, flesh side down, and cook over a moderate heat for about three minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and cook for another three minutes. Turn over again and gently peel off the skin.
- Add the wine, cover with a lid and cook for a few seconds. 10. Uncover the pan; turn the fillets over, cover with a lid again until the wine evaporates. Meanwhile, reheat the sauce gently if necessary.
- Arrange some rocket on a plate, top with the sea bass fillets and pour the sauce
either over the fish or on the side.