Whole Roast Sea Bass 2 - 4
- 2 500g (1 lb) whole sea bass, scaled, cleaned and head removed
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sea salt
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 2 bunches of rosemary
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 425°F, Gas Mark 7
- Salt the inside and outside of the fish, then set aside for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Slash the skin of the bass in about three places on each side and insert the lemon slices. Place the herbs inside the fish, then transfer to a greased baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and very gently cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes, but do not allow to brown. Pour the oil and garlic on top of the fish.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes. Baste frequently with the oil and cook until the fish flakes easily and the skin is slightly crisp.
- Pour the lemon juice over the bass, garnish with lemon slices and serve with a selection of vegetables.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry