White Fish Waffles Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) cod loins, defrosted
- 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 85g (3 oz) frozen sweetcorn
- 115g (4oz) frozen broccoli florets
- 6 15ml spoons (6 tbsp) single cream or milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 potato waffles, quartered
- tomatoes, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Place the fish portions into a lightly greased shallow ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the sweetcorn and broccoli. Mix together the cream or milk and the egg. Pour over the fish and vegetables.
- Top with the waffles. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 230 Kilocalories
26g Protein; 6g Fat; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry