Thai Prawn Soup Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) large cooked peeled prawns, defrosted
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1
- 50g (2oz) mixed mushrooms e.g. Shitake, oyster, brown, button
- 2 litres (3 and a half pints) fish or vegetable stock
- 1 stalk lemon grass, peeled and chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 115g (4oz) rice noodles
- spring onions, sliced lengthways for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; cook the onion, chillies and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, lemon grass and rice wine or white wine vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the prawns, coriander and noodles, bring to the boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with spring onions.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry