Thai Curried Red Snapper Serves 2
- 2 x 225g (8oz) snapper fillets, defrosted
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 100ml (3 fl oz) coconut milk
- 1 teasp Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- half a teasp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp) lime juice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Heat 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) of oil in a frying pan; add the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes until the spices separate from the oil. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer until thickened.
- Heat some oil and deep-fry the snapper for approximately 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain onto kitchen towel.
- Place the snapper onto serving plates. Stir the lime juice into the sauce and season with the salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the snapper.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry