Tangy Fish Salad Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) natural smoked haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 150ml (5fl oz) water
- grated rind of half a lemon
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced
- 30g (1oz) walnuts or mixed nuts, halved
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 150ml (5fl oz) natural yoghurt or fromage frais
- mixed lettuce leaves, to garnish
- Poach the fish in the water for approximately 5-6 minutes, drain and chill. Discard the poaching liquor.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except the yoghurt and lettuce together, carefully stir in the chilled fish and seasoning.
- Arrange on a plate, garnish with mixed lettuce leaves and spoon over the yoghurt. May be served with brown bread and butter.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 160 Kilocalories; 26g Protein; 4g Fat; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry