Squid with Spinach & Mushrooms Serves 4
- 680g (1lb 8oz) squid, defrosted, skinned & cleaned and sliced
- 455g (1lb) fusilli lunghi (or spaghetti)
- 115g (4oz) butter
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 340g (12oz) button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 340g (12oz) baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- lemon wedges and parsley leaves, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Gently heat the butter and olive oil together in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the mushrooms until golden brown
- Add the squid and garlic and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan stirring well. Add spinach, toss until the spinach wilts.
- Season and garnish with lemon and parsley. Serve immediately with salad and crusty bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Authority