Spicy Salmon Burgers Serves 4
- 454g (1lb) Shetland Salmon, defrosted, cooked and roughly flaked
- half red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- half green pepper, (chopped)
- rind and juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill or flat leaf parsley or 1 teasp dried mixed herbs
- 50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- lettuce to garnish
- 4 tbsp ready prepared tartare sauce:
- Mix the ingredients for the burgers together in a large bowl.
- With lightly floured hands, form a mixture into burger shapes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers over a medium heat for 10 minutes, turning carefully halfway through cooking time.
- Serve on lightly toasted buns with lettuce and tartare sauce.
Cook’s Tip: You can buy salmon ready cooked from some stores. For outdoor eating, you could BBQ the salmon burgers.
Fat content: 26g
Carbohydrate (energy): 37.9g
All values are for one serving using listed ingredients.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Scottish Quality Salmon