Smoked Mackerel with Quick Chutney Serves 4
- 2 170g (6oz) pack `ready to eatí hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted and skinned
- Quarter of a cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped mint
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly milled black pepper or 6 15ml spoon (6 tbsp) ready prepared chutney of your choice
- Preheat the grill
- Mix together the ingredients for the chutney and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the mackerel under a moderate grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the fish with the chutney and fresh bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 243 Kilocalories;
17g Protein; 18g Fat; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry