Smoked Mackerel Toasties Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) 'ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and flaked
- 8 slices bread
- butter or margarine, for spreading
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) English or mild mustard
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) creamed horseradish
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill or sandwich toaster
- If using a sandwich toaster, spread one side of bread with butter or margarine.
- Spread mustard over 4 slices of the bread [opposite side to buttered one].
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and use to make 4 sandwiches, buttered side outermost for sandwich toaster.
- Cook in a sandwich toaster or under grill, turning once, until golden and crispy.
- Serve with celery sticks and a green salad.
Note: For children, tomato ketchup may be used in place of the horseradish.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry