Smoked Mackerel Dip Serves 6
- 225g (8oz) “ready to eat” hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 115g (4oz) fromage frais or natural yogurt
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) creamed horseradish
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) fresh chopped dill or parsley
- freshly milled black pepper
- Roughly flake the fillets with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Serve as a filling for baked potatoes, sandwiches or as a dip with tortilla chips, bread sticks and chopped raw vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 108 Kilocalories;
9g Protein; 8g Fat; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.
Smoked mackerel is one of the most versatile fish. Herb, pepper and garlic versions are also available.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry