Smoked Mackerel Couscous Salad Serves 6 - 8
- 340 - 455g (12oz - 1lb) `ready to eatí peppered smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and roughly flaked
- 2 courgettes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium aubergine, roughly chopped
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 115g (4oz) couscous
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) prepared Italian dressing
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) freshly chopped coriander or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
- Place all the vegetables into a shallow roasting tin. Add the olive oil, season and roast for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry