Smoked Mackerel Canapés Serves 24
- 225g (8oz) ‘ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and roughly chopped
- 225g (8oz) peppered ‘ready to eat' smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and roughly chopped
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) low fat soft cheese or plain fromage frais
- 3 5ml spoon (3 teasp) cranberry sauce
- 24 medium size vol-au-vent cases, cooked
- fresh chopped dill, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix together the fish, soft cheese or fromage frais and cranberry sauce.
- Fill the vol-au-vent cases with the fish mixture and garnish with dill.
- Serve as part of a buffet.
Substitute the cranberry sauce with crumbed Stilton cheese.
Use the mackerel mixture as filling for sandwiches or baked potato for a quick snack.