Smoked Mackerel Baguettes Serves 4
- 170g (6oz) “ready to eat” hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fromage frais
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) creamed horseradish
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 326g can sweetcorn with red peppers
- 4 small part-baked petite pains
- 55g (2oz) Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced
- lettuce to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
- Roughly flake the fish fillets with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Add the fromage frais, horseradish, parsley and sweetcorn, mix together.
- Half the bread lengthways and fill with the fish filling.
- Top with cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the baguettes are golden brown.
- Garnish with lettuce and serve with a tomato and cucumber salad.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry