Smoked Mackerel and Warm Potato Salad Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) `ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 225g (8oz) new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely grated
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) grated lemon rind
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile mix the spring onions and carrots together in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and prepared smoked mackerel.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and the lemon rind together.
- Spoon over the fish mixture. Carefully mix until well coated.
- Serve immediately with crusty wholemeal bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 335 Kilocalories;
23g Protein; 22g Fat; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry