Smoked Mackerel and Avocado Pate Serves 2
- 225g (8oz) ‘ready to eat’ hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 55g (2oz) low fat soft cheese
- 1 small ripe avocado pear, peeled, stoned and chopped
- dash lemon juice
- freshly milled black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together until blended.
- Spoon into 2 ramekin dishes. Chill for 1 hour.
- Serve individually as a starter with watercress or salad leaves and bread rolls.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 543 Kilocalories;
25g Protein; 49g Fat; 2g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry