Smoked Haddock Pate Serves 4
- 340g (12oz) natural smoked haddock fillet, defrosted, diced
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
- 2 5ml spoons (2 teasp) lemon juice
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) natural yoghurt or single cream
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) Worcestershire sauce
- freshly milled black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 30–55g (1-2oz) butter, melted
- Poach the fish in the water for 5-7 minutes. Drain, discarding the cooking liquor.
- Flake the fish with a fork or blend in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, yoghurt or cream, Worcestershire sauce and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon into individual dishes, pour over melted butter, chill until set. Serve with toast or crusty bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 100 Kilocalories; 6.3g Protein; 7.2g Fat; 1.4g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry