Smoked Fish Timbales Serves 6
- 225g (8oz) natural smoked haddock, defrosted, skinned and finely cubed
- outer leaves of 2 leeks
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine, melted
- 115g (4oz) risotto rice
- 425ml (15 fl oz) chicken or fish stock (made with half a stock cube)
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) single cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- freshly milled black pepper
- lemon or lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, Gas Mark 4
- Cut the leek leaves into strips, about 2.5cm (1") in width. Blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Lightly grease 6 ramekin dishes. Line with the leek leaves, leaving the ends overhanging.
- Cook the rice in the stock for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the fish, cream, egg and pepper. Spoon into the ramekin dishes.
Fold over the leek leaves.
- Cover and place the dishes into a large roasting tin half filled with hot water.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Turn onto a serving plate and serve hot or cold as a starter with bread, garnished with lemon or lime.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 131 Kilocalories; 10g Protein; 7g Fat; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry