Sicilian Whiting Serves 4
- 4 x 170g (6oz) whiting fillets, defrosted, skinned
- sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 150ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 2 medium tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 2 (2 teasp) fresh oregano or marjoram
- Place the fish fillets in a shallow pan. Season and pour over the wine.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes over the fish. Top with oregano or marjoram.
- Cover and poach for 7-10 minutes until the fish has whitened.
- Remove the fish from the pan and transfer to a warm plate, keep covered.
- Increase the heat under the pan and boil the juices until reduced by half. Spoon over the cooked fish.
- Serve with cooked pasta shapes, courgettes, red pepper and green beans, tossed in a little olive oil and garlic.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry