Seared Tuna with Fennel & Thyme Serves 4
- 4 x 200g (7oz) tuna, defrosted
- sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Marinade:
- 3 tbsp Pernod
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teasp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 teasp fennel seeds, crushed
- Season the fish and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the Pernod, oil, lemon rind and juice, thyme and fennel in a bowl. Pour over the fish and leave to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle pan or a heavy-based frying pan, over a high heat. When hot, cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry