Seared Salmon with Warm Ginger and Lime Dressing Serves 4
- 4 175g Salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 (tbsp) olive oil
- salt and freshly milled pepper to season
- For the dressing:
- 1 piece preserved ginger in syrup, chopped finely (or half piece root ginger, peeled and chopped)
- rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2 (tbsp) runny honey
- 1 (tbsp) water
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or griddle pan and fry the salmon on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Season the salmon.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small pan and heat gently until warmed through and the honey is melted.
- Serve the dressing spooned over the salmon with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Fat content: 22g
Carbohydrate (energy): 7g
Omega-3 fatty acids: 3.4g
All values are for one serving using listed ingredients.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Scottish Quality Salmon.