Sea Bass with Black Olives and Basil Butter Serves 4
- 4 x 225g (8oz) bass fillets, defrosted
- a dash of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 100g (3 and a half oz) unsalted butter
- 30g (1oz) pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the grill
- To make the basil butter, put the butter, olives, garlic, lemon juice, basil and anchovies into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Wrap the butter in cling film and chill.
- Place the snapper onto the grill pan, brush with a little olive oil and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Place a knob of the chilled basil butter on top of each fillet and place back under the grill until the butter begins to melt.
- Serve with seasonal greens.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry