Scallop Chowder Serves 4 -6
- 340g (12oz) cod fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 115g (4oz) king scallops, roe removed, defrosted and sliced
- 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large potato, scrubbed and diced
- 115g (4oz) lean bacon, derinded and chopped
- 300ml (10 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 300ml (10 fl oz) milk
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) cornflour
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pan and gently sauté the onion, celery, carrot, potato and bacon until onion is slightly softened.
- Pour in stock and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- Add the cubed whiting and sliced scallops and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Blend milk and cornflour and add to pan with seasoning. Stir carefully until thickened
- Garnish with parsley and serve with hot crusty rolls or French bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry