Sardines with Redcurrants Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) sardine fillets, defrosted and cleaned
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbs) redcurrant jelly
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) medium dry sherry
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the BBQ
- In a small bowl mix the redcurrant jelly, lemon rind and sherry together.
- Make several diagonal cuts across the flesh of each fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the redcurrant mixture over the skin of the fish and inside the cavity.
- Cook on a prepared barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning once and basting occasionally with any remaining mixture.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve with crisp salad and fresh, crusty bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 188 Kilocalories;
21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 8g Fat; 0g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry