Sardine Spring Salad Serves 4
- 8 30g (1oz) sardines, defrosted, cleaned, and heads removed
- 1 whole cucumber, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 fresh oranges, peeled and sliced or 1 145g can mandarin oranges, in natural juice, partly drained
- Preheat the grill high
- Grill sardines under a medium heat for 4 minutes, turning halfway. Allow to cool.
- Mix together in a salad bowl the cucumber, spring onions, pepper and oranges.
- Add sardines on top; serve as a starter or as part of a buffet with granary bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 180 Kilocalories;
18g Protein; 7g Fat; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Fibre.