Salsa Stuffed Squid Pockets Serves 2
- 2 x 170g (6oz) squid tubes, defrosted and cleaned
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) olive oil
- For the Salsa:
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- half a teasp caster sugar
- 15g fresh coriander leaves, stalks discarded and roughly chopped
- rind and juice of 1 lime
- sea salt flakes and freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the barbecue or grill
- Make diagonal cuts across the surface of the squid, taking care not to cut right through.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together and season to taste, leaving a few spoonfuls to one side.
- With the remaining salsa, stuff the squid pocket’s and secure the open end with a soaked wooden skewer. Brush lightly with the oil.
- Cook the stuffed squid over a hot barbecue or under a preheated grill for 6-8 minutes each side until slightly golden brown.
- Serve with remaining salsa, a green salad and citrus wedges.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry