Salmon Tortilla Serves 4
- 175g / 6 oz salmon fillets, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 450g /1 lb new potatoes, sliced
- 196g can sweetcorn, drained
- 6 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp fromage frais
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint, parsley and chives
- freshly milled black pepper
- 75g / 3 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based large pan. Cook the onion for 3 minutes add the potatoes and toss around in the oil to get a good coating of oil. Turn the heat to the lowest possible setting and season. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and mix carefully with the potatoes. Give the pan a shake every now and again. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, fromage frais with the herbs and add the salmon and plenty of black pepper. Pour over the potatoes, sprinkle with the cheese and return to the heat and cook on a low heat for 15 –20 minutes or until the edges are beginning to set. Place the tortilla under a preheated grill for 4 - 6 minutes or until browned.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes and cut into squares. Delicious served hot or cold garnished with flat leaf parsley.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry