Rich Seafood Chowder Serves 4 -6
- 340g (12oz) skinned cod loins, defrosted and cubed
- 455g (1lb) Bantry Bay Mussels, washed and scrubbed
- 115g (4oz) crab meat, defrosted
- 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) tomato puree
- 600ml (1 pint) fish or chicken stock
- 55g (2oz) long grain rice, washed
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pan and cook the onion, celery, peppers and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and stock and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and simmer until just tender.
- Stir in the white fish and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mussels and crabmeat, and cook for a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until all the mussels have opened (discard any that have not).
- Serve immediately with crusty Granary bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry