Prawn tail Nibbles with Cranberry Mayonnaise Serves 4 - 6
- 455g (1lb) raw tiger prawns, defrosted and shelled
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) olive oil
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tblsp) clear honey
- 1 200g jar mayonnaise
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) cranberry sauce
- fresh chives, to garnish
- Preheat the grill
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper and place onto a grill pan.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, lemon rind and juice and honey together. Brush the prawns with the lemon dressing on each side. Reserve the marinade.
- Cook under the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade mixture.
- Prepare the mayonnaise: mix the mayonnaise and the cranberry sauce together and place into a small dish. Place in the centre of a large serving dish.
- Scatter the prawns onto the dish, brush with the remaining lemon mixture and serve as a starter garnished with fresh chives.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry