Prawn Bisque Serves 4 -6
- 680g (1lb 8oz) cocktail prawns, defrosted
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 150ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) tomato puree
- 600ml (1 pint) fish or chicken stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 150ml (5 fl oz) single cream
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) brandy
- cooked crevettes, paprika and chopped chives, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Cook onion, garlic and celery until soft.
- Add wine, stock tomato puree, bouquet garni, bay leaf and seasoning.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow herbs to infuse.
- Stir in the prawns, simmer for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Remove bouquet garni and bay leaf. Liquidise, return to the heat simmer gently without boiling until piping hot and add the cream and the brandy.
- Garnish with whole prawns, paprika and chopped chives.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 329-219 Kilocalories
40-26g Protein; 13-9g Fat; 6-4g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated my The Seafish Industry