Pizza Fingers Serves 8 -10 pieces
- For the topping:
- 340g (12 oz) ‘ready to eat’ hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and cut into strips
- 85g (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- For the base:
- 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) paprika
- 55g (2 oz) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) milk
- watercress and lemon slices, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F, Gas Mark 6
- To make the base: sift the flour and paprika together. Rub in the butter or margarine. Stir in the beaten egg and sufficient milk to make a soft dough. Knead lightly.
- Roll into a square approximately 20cm (8") and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the base and top with mackerel strips, tomato and pepper slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dough is risen and golden.
- Cut into fingers and serve hot or cold, garnished with watercress and lemon slices.
- Serve with fresh green salad
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry