Pancake Feasts Serves 4
- 455g (1 lb) `ready to eatí hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 4 large firm tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 4 15ml spoons (4 tbsp) fromage frais
- 55-115g (2-4 oz) Gruyere, Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, grated
- For the Pancake batter:
- 115g (4 oz) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300ml (10 fl oz ) milk
- pinch of salt
- oil, for greasing
- lemon wedges and parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F, Gas Mark 5
- Arrange the fish and tomatoes in a shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon over the fromage frais and top with grated cheese. Heat thoroughly in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the batter by whisking the flour, egg, milk and salt together in a food processor until smooth or put the flour and salt in a bowl and gradually beat in the egg and milk until smooth.
- Use the batter to make eight thin pancakes . Stack on top of each other wrapped in a clean tea towel or foil. Keep warm.
- Lay the pancakes out, divide the filling between them. Roll up and serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry